the first stop when we got there was the peace memorial
it was amazing to see the dome that was still standing after being hit from the atomic bomb
there was also a museum (which was just closing so we didn't go in) and a few other memorial areas
I really liked the flame that they have burning
it is going to stay lit until all the nuclear weapons in the world are destroyed
it was a beautiful park and I am glad I was able to see it while we were in japan
the next day we took the train to miyajima, which was about 20 minutes away
it is a preserved area and one of the top three scenic spots in the country
we took the ferry across to the island, and on the way you pass the big red torii gate
once we were on the island we took a tour of the main shrine before walking up to the daisho shrine where we got to ring the big bell and say a prayer
then we headed up the mountain, which was I think just over 2km to the top
I had to take lots of breaks of course, but we did finally make it
we took the cable car back down though, which was a great view
and then once we got down there the tide had gone out so James was able to walk all the way out to the torii gate
after that we called it a day
we went to mos burger for dinner, where I thought I ordered a veggie burger but it turned out it was a shrimp vegetable burger :/
but the bun made out of rice was cool!
today we are in osaka, where we spent the afternoon looking in shops
we had dinner at a noodle place and now we are off to bed
tomorrow is the aquarium, apparently the biggest in the world!

No comments:
Post a Comment