the days are going fast so I thought I'd better do some writing!
we arrived tuesday morning, and made our way to our hotel near minami-senju.
james has a friend from london travelling over here the same time as us, so we met him at the hotel.
I decided to take a nap so the guys went out to get some food and explore.
my so called nap that began at noon lasted till 5.30am the next day, so I have recovered from jet lag much faster than usual!
wednesday I woke james up around 6am and we got ready to go out for the day.
first stop was a cafe for food, then we went to the tokyo national museum for a couple of hours.
then we headed to shinjuku to find a martial arts shop james wanted to visit.
we spent over an hour in there, and james came out with a giant bag of stuff :-)
after that we went for lunch, and had sukiyaki at a place near the station.
then james left to go practice jiu-jitsu at a local gym, and I went exploring!
I walked over to the park hyatt hotel, where they filmed the movie 'lost in translation' and had a look around.
then hopped the train down to shibuya to see the amazing street crossing and look in the shops.
by then it was 8pm so I decided to head back to the hotel.
this morning we slept in then got the train to mitaka to go to the studio ghibli museum.
I really liked it, james was not as keen on it. annoyingly the gift shop was so packed I couldn't even look to buy anything!
we then got the train to ikebukuro to go to the sunshine 60 building. we went in the aquarium there and saw lots of cool fishes. that made us hungry so we went for sushi :-)
more shopping followed, including an 8 floor electronics shop and the sanrio shop, before we met james friend for a drink. and then we were so exhausted that we headed back to the hotel around 10pm.
tomorrow we head to kyoto, so more after that!
xx

1 comment:
yay! Hope you are having a blast! Visiting Japan is on my bucket list :)
Post a Comment