Ok, so I wrote this a few weeks ago
But it still stands
I miss my friends, I miss my life, I miss London
This isn't a pity me I'm sad blog post
This is a blog post about my feelings
Which I am allowed to express
I know I will feel different later
At some point I will get settled in
And make friends, and start going out again
But right now, I'm just not feeling it
I don't want to make the effort to meet new people
I just, kind of want my old friends
SO, with that being said, on to my post:
I had a moment today
Where I hated everything
But it still stands
I miss my friends, I miss my life, I miss London
This isn't a pity me I'm sad blog post
This is a blog post about my feelings
Which I am allowed to express
I know I will feel different later
At some point I will get settled in
And make friends, and start going out again
But right now, I'm just not feeling it
I don't want to make the effort to meet new people
I just, kind of want my old friends
SO, with that being said, on to my post:
I had a moment today
Where I hated everything
Let me preface this by telling you about my week
1 interview, result: no job
2 half days of work
3 full days of work
And mind you I was up at 5.30am for work the last 2 days in a row
Overall they were great days
The little boy I was looking after was so easy going and cheerful
He just happened to be a bit fussy this morning
And that, combined with:
A long string of expletives escaped followed by a flash of anger that made me hate everything about my life here
The fact that I can't speak the local language, everything is still new, I don't know where shit is, I don't have any friends, my family is far away, and the most important, the fact that I still don't have full time work
All the demons escaped
And made me really wish I could just go home.
1 interview, result: no job
2 half days of work
3 full days of work
And mind you I was up at 5.30am for work the last 2 days in a row
Overall they were great days
The little boy I was looking after was so easy going and cheerful
He just happened to be a bit fussy this morning
And that, combined with:
- The rude woman changing her child's nappy whilst standing in front of the pterodactyl exhibit
- The ticket man who didn't understand that I wanted a regular ticket, not one that included the dinosaur exhibit
- And wasting 10 minutes trying to find a lift, which was not marked, and that I didn't even think existed because it was not on the map
A long string of expletives escaped followed by a flash of anger that made me hate everything about my life here
The fact that I can't speak the local language, everything is still new, I don't know where shit is, I don't have any friends, my family is far away, and the most important, the fact that I still don't have full time work
All the demons escaped
And made me really wish I could just go home.
1 comment:
At least no one understood your cursing. :)
Post a Comment