I've been sporting a Black Sun Empire bag for the last six months
Secretly hoping someone would compliment me on it
Or at least say, Hey- I've heard of them
And finally someone did
And typically they schooled me on it
Saying- Yes, did you know they're from the Netherlands, my home town - Utrecht
Now, besides being totally embarrassed that I did not know this simple fact
I was really annoyed
Why didn't I know that?
What happened to all the stuff I used to know about the artists I listen to?
I'll tell you what happened:
Secretly hoping someone would compliment me on it
Or at least say, Hey- I've heard of them
And finally someone did
And typically they schooled me on it
Saying- Yes, did you know they're from the Netherlands, my home town - Utrecht
Now, besides being totally embarrassed that I did not know this simple fact
I was really annoyed
Why didn't I know that?
What happened to all the stuff I used to know about the artists I listen to?
I'll tell you what happened:
The Internet.
Gone are the days I spent hours pouring over album covers and memorising lyrics
Now it's a constant shuffle of stuff I've chosen
Mixed in with recommendations from Spotify or Sound Cloud
Telling me what I might like to listen to.
Telling me what I might like to listen to.
To quote Kraftwerk-
"We're functioning automatic
And we are dancing mechanic"
And we are dancing mechanic"
No comments:
Post a Comment